Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Most Important Person on Earth




Here is a picture of my three wonderful children: Raeghan in front, then Riley, and Rebekka in the back of the "caboose" the little ones made with the chairs in the kitchen !

Here is a prayer card I found at home with the picture of mother holding her child, I liked what it said :

The most important person on earth is a mother. She can not claim the honor of having built the Notre Dame Cathedral. She need not. She has built something more magnificant than any cathedral- a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body.

The angels have been blessed with such a grace. They cannot share in God's Creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven. Only a human mother can. Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature. God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation: What on God's good earth is more glorious than this: to be a mother ?

I am so greatful to God to have been allowed to be a mother to my three wonderful children, and can't wait to bring my next daughter, Rachael home to be her mother !

Charlotte

No comments: